Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a fast growing company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual has an excellent claims opportunity available. As a Commercial Insurance Claims Representative, you will review and process simple and straightforward Commercial claims within assigned authority limits consistent with policy and legal requirements. In addition to a wide range of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance education and training are paid by Liberty Mutual.
- Investigates claim using internal and external resources including speaking with the insured or other involved parties, analysis of reports, researching past claim activity, utilizing evaluation tools to make damage and loss assessments.
- Extensive and timely direct interaction with Insured’s, Claimants, Agent’s and Internal Customers.
- Determines policy coverage through analysis of investigation data and policy terms. Notifies agent and insured of coverage or any issues.
- Establishes claim reserve requirements and makes adjustments, as necessary, during the processing of the claims.
- Determines and negotiates settlement amount for damages claimed within assigned authority limits.
- Writes simple to moderately complex property damage estimates or review auto damage estimates.
- Takes statements when necessary and works with the Field Appraisal, Subrogation, Special Investigative Unit (SIU) as appropriate.
- Maintains accurate and current claim file/damage documentation and diaries throughout the life cycle of claim cases to ensure proper tracking and handling consistent with established guidelines and expectations.
- Alerts Unit Leader to the possibility of fraud or subrogation potential for claims being processed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of experience. Claims handling skills preferred.
- Strong customer service and technology skills.
- Able to navigate multiple systems, strong organizational and communication skills.
- License may be required in multiple states by state law.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.