Please note: this position is
remote – it does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’srole enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis. In this USA, this is an employee who lives 100 miles or more from their designated, primary worksite.
The all-new General Motors BrightDrop team is growing, and we are seeking technical, innovative, problem solvers – to learn more about how we’re building smarter ways to deliver goods and services please go to https://www.gobrightdrop.com/.
The world has changed, and we need your help to change it for the better! The BrightDrop team is tasked with developing and commercializing solutions to the world’s mobility challenges. We invite you to join us in building a future with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
The BrightDrop team is seeking customer-focused, agile team members who have a passion for eliminating the carbon emissions from the parcel delivery industry. You’ll be expected to work cross functionally and support other functions across the brightdrop team, while building out innovative business models to help deploy the solutions we create. At BrightDrop we value each person’s input and thoughts on how we can achieve success.
Access to advanced technologies and the autonomy to challenge convention creates an exciting, fast-paced environment often associated with Silicon Valley startups. This is a unique opportunity to innovate and scale solutions that address the world’s mobility challenges. We seek experienced individuals ready to rise to the challenge!
- Act as the main finance support for BrightDrop Manufacturing, Purchasing, & Aftersales
- Develop a business model for the aftersales business unit
- Develop cost models to support the manufacturing and purchasing teams
- Work with the manufacturing team to develop robust cost forecasting models
- Support Production decision & analysis
- Review and approve supplier contracts for costs and implementation
- Identify areas of improvement to reduce costs
- Manage forecast and performance analysis
- Play a fey role in BrightDrop’s footprint decisions – volume forecast, warranty/maintenance estimates
Additional Job Description
- 7+ years in Accounting/Finance
- Bachelors degree
- Product Development experience
- Manufacturing/Purchasing Finance experience
- Experience working in or with startups
- Proven proficiency crafting and presenting stories
- Strategic mindset – desire to challenge the cultural norms inside GM
- Strong communication skills – comfortable giving suggestions and feedback
Skills and capabilities
- Ambiguity: comfortable working in white space (new areas/concepts)
- Highly self-motivated: lean reporting structure requires each person to work independently at times with little guidance from management to solve challenges.
- Technical Analysis: perform technical analysis related to business cases
- Challenge the status Quo: Enjoy working closely with other teams and at the same time asking them to stretch their thinking on subjects.
- Communication and Relationship building: ability to work with all levels within General Motors globally and across functional boundaries e.g. finance, purchasing, vehicle development, legal and built trust with customers, partners and other external stakeholders.
Compensation:The compensation information is a good faith estimate only. It is based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid in accordance with Colorado law. The compensation may not be representative for positions located outside of Colorado.
- The median level of salary compensation for this role is $110,000
- Bonus potential: an incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected] or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.