Specific Job Functions:
- Review loan submissions to validate if they meet GBC product guidelines.
- Review credit bureau and any other credit documents provided.
- Review of income, title, appraisal and other supporting loan documentation.
- Verify the application (1003) and Transmittal Summary (1008) in the LOS (Encompass) matches the submission package from the Seller; updating the system as needed.
- Communicate with the Seller as to any missing items or questions regarding the loan submission to make final purchase decision.
- Communicate across team lines with other underwriters, post closing, sales and management.
- Communicate across multiple media including email, Teams, video, telephone and chat tools.
- Review of documentation for approval stipulations and clearing of condition if satisfactory.
- Monitor the various pipelines and working the loan or follow up with the Seller as to the status of loans.
- Assist post-closing with gathering documentation to clear conditions related to Secondary Market transaction.
- Minimum of 5+ years of mortgage underwriting or loan processing with condition clearing authority required.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac guidelines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Desire to work in a team environment