The Senior Premium Auditor performs physical and virtual audits of the highest complexity ensuring the accuracy of earned premium risk calculations. Responsible for handling of audits within AmTrust’s Major Accounts Programs. Investigates and verifies the premium base exposures according to policy contract terms, manual rules, company filings, and procedures. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust’s mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of the AmTrust organization.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and skill in performing physical and virtual audits on Workers Compensation and General Liability policies under limited supervision. Examines records to ensure that calculations of earned
- premium for risks are accurate.
- Performs audits within assigned territory with focus on AmTrust Major Accounts Program, with overnight travel required 10 to 20% of time.
- Performs other value add services for AmTrust Major Accounts Programs including new business service calls, scheduled check-ins with key account personnel.
- Point of contact for assigned Major Accounts and communicates collaboratively with insured’s, underwriters, account managers, and producers.
- Identifies, researches, and corrects policy-rating issues discovered during the audit process. Works to resolve audit discrepancies and disputes of the highest complexity.
- Validates that the correct classes are applied and are in accordance with governing regulatory agencies and/or independent state bureaus and company procedures by reviewing financial records and other relevant materials.
- Assists in handling and clearing test audits and other bureau inquiries.
- Reviews results of audits with producers, underwriters, insured’s, and Premium Audit leadership.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers throughout the life cycle of the premium audit function.
- Keeps current with manual rules, market trends and demands.
- Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational, analytical, customer service and interpretive skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- 7 or more years of premium audit field experience
- Associates in Premium Audit Program (APA) certification preferred.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.