Senior Project Engineer
Location: Benton Harbor, MI
Position Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire
Pay/Salary: $ 80,000 – $115,000 per year
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
This role will be responsible for direct client representative and project management responsibilities in our government business sector of Southwest Michigan.
• Maintain and foster good relationships with current and potential municipal clients
• Strong technical skills for storm, sanitary, water and local roads projects
• Owns business development efforts in the region for all municipal clients
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
• Provides and maintains the best workspace for talent or client attraction and retention
• Oversees staff performance and workload; facilitates work-sharing with other locations and practices to deliver best in class projects to our clients
• Manages financial performance for projects; ensuring backlog is healthy, utilization targets achieved and overhead costs low
• Partners with Director of Engineering and Municipal Engineering Manager to align best talents to our projects while developing a pipeline of talent and succession planning
• Partner with Marketing Manager and Service Leads to target and manage strategies for building name in new or underdeveloped markets
• Familiar with, identifies and pursues funding mechanisms to support our municipal clients
Required Skills & Behaviors
• Advanced experience consulting or working with local, regional, and state government.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills required.
• Ability to organize and lead others; drives results by planning, prioritizing, and meeting tight deadlines required.
• Ability to work independently with a self-motivated attitude; capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Proficiency with CRM (Cosential preferred).
• Reports directly to the Municipal Engineering Manager
• Supervises direct report project engineers and designers
• Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
• PE licensure in Michigan
• 10+ years of experience managing municipal projects; storm, sanitary, water, local roads
• 10+ years of experience in A/E/C industry with record of municipal client retention/attraction
• 5+ years of experience in developing business
• 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
• PE licensure in Indiana
• 10-15% local travel, primary focus in Berrien, Cass and Van Buren counties with some work in northern Indiana.
Employee Perks and Benefits:
- Help with relocation expenses available after 3 months of sign-on.
- Employee Engagement events such as fishing trips and basketball tournaments.
- A small, laid-back, but hard-working Engineering team under the direction of a great mentor.
- Company size: approximately 130 committed professionals at all levels
- Incentive Compensation Plan
- Benefits include PTO, 401(k), FMLA, Very affordable Health Insurance Plan or HSA that the company adds to, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Life Insurance, Flex-time, Tuition Reimbursement, Continuing Education and Professional Development, the list goes on and on.
Please send resumes to [Link available when viewing the job] or call [Phone number shown when applying]
- Est. Salary: $55 / HOUR
- Posting Date:18th Nov 2021
- Valid through:17th Dec 2021