- 6-8+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product design, or similar UX-related role
- You have a strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success and depth of work in UX, visual design, and service design (wireframes, journey maps, personas). A portfolio is required to apply for this role.
- You have experience designing services and delivering UX solutions for projects of large scope and complexity
- You’re fluent in best practices for information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design processes. You also possess a strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- You have experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- You have strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, and web-based information architecture and design
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer to work on customer facing digital shopping experiences in Pharmacy. You will join our growing team of world class seasoned design talent across visual design, UX design, UX writing and UX Research. You will work members of the product team to create elegant, intuitive user interfaces that meet this unique customer need. You will partner closely with product, tech and ops partners to successfully go from early stage product concepts to iterations and launches of new features and offerings.
Key job responsibilities
Your ideas come from people you have talked to, research you’ve conducted and experiences you’ve had. You use a human-centered design approach to solve problems. You’re interested in inventing and simplifying complex systems. You’ve turned ideas from research into sketches and interactive prototypes, and tested them with end users. You’ve helped teams raise the bar on customer experiences and have thrived in ambiguity. As a designer, you love diving into the details as much as you enjoy shaping the larger system.
About the team
At Amazon Pharmacy, we are using design, service, and technology to change the way people think about medicine. Design is a vital part of our company’s DNA — Amazon Pharmacy grew out of PillPack, which has been recognized by Time, Fast Company, and the Cooper Hewitt Museum of Design for our customer experience. You’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on our customers’ lives while designing the future of pharmacy and contributing to our mission of building the earth’s most customer-centric pharmacy.
- Background in (or passion for) creating equitable experiences in healthcare
- You have experience driving and owning projects, communicating timelines, aligning stakeholders, and producing your deliverables independently and with minimal supervision
- You confidently present a strong rationale for design decisions and rely on analytics and data (including qualitative data) to shape product decisions and track the effectiveness of change
- You have solid written, verbal, and presentation skills
- You’re committed to learning — as well as making others successful — and teaching through your expertise in design and technical knowledge
- You’re able to work independently and gracefully, and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- You're naturally curious and find inspiration beyond the screen — through the people you talk to, analogous experiences, and more
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.