Community Development Lending is seeking a Commercial Relationship Manager who will work with Portfolio Managers and Relationship Administrators to maintain high quality credit administration and risk management for a portfolio of Customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead business development efforts identifying appropriate prospects and make personal calls on current and prospective customers under the direction of a Team Leader.
- Take a leadership role representing Eastern Bank in business and community activities.
- Actively identify opportunities to cross-sell other bank products and services to customers and prospects including Treasury Services, commercial insurance and deposit products.
- Review existing credit facilities and new credit applications, analyze credit quality and make recommendations as to how to structure and price these facilities.
- Present relevant data and recommendations to the Team Leader and Credit Committee when appropriate.
- Work with legal counsel to facilitate documentation of credit facilities.
- Maintain awareness of maturating credits, overdue payments, financial information reporting; etc., which could affect the status of the commercial relationships and take appropriate action.
- Work with Portfolio Managers to insure that financial information is collected on a timely basis and that credit exposure is properly rated reflecting credit quality over time.
- Maintain frequent contact with the clients and serve as representative of EB insuring that the client’s deposit, cash management, insurance and investment management needs are being properly handled.
Education and Experience
- Proven underwriting abilities, including 5 plus years experience in Community Development Lending and/or Commercial Banking.
- Formal bank credit training preferred.
- Familiarity Nonprofit and Community Development organizations
- Incumbent should be able to excel with integrity in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment.
- Incumbent should be energetic and comfortable in an environment offering base salary plus performance oriented compensation.
- Proficient/computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel with the willingness/ability to learn new software as necessary.