O’Brien Steel Service, Co., based out of Peoria, IL, is a family owned and operated steel service center. O’Brien Steel carries a full product line of carbon steel products and also has significant processing capabilities. The company has developed a strong reputation by providing our customers with excellent service and quality.
Our Congerville facility is currently seeking a motivated and professional Shipping Clerk. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare required paperwork and entry in the company ERP software for shipment of orders based on the production schedule.
- Complete data entry for inbound material/parts while ensuring correct inventory counts. Must also ensure that all inbound material is tagged after receipt and stored in the proper location.
- Expedite orders that are coming up due and assist in identifying orders that will ship after their original due date
- Schedule/dispatch local deliveries (including intra plant transfer trucks) and set up common carrier transportation as required by the customer.
- 1+ years of experience within the steel industry or related field preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast paced environment
- Professional presentation and written communication skills
- Experience using a company ERP software
O’Brien Steel offers a competitive compensation package including 401k, health, dental and vision insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Congerville, IL 61729: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location