Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity – we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
The Shipping Lead is responsible for overseeing the shipping functions of a tire warehouse location ensuring the accurate and timely delivery of product to achieve maximum customer satisfaction.
- Train, develop and coach shipping teammates on operations, customer service, product knowledge, picking methods, and shipment load out methods
- Coordinate and direct the daily workflow to ensure accurate and timely deliveries to achieve established efficiency goals
- Ensure teammates are properly operating, utilizing and maintaining all equipment in a safe manner in accordance with Monro and equipment manufacturer guidelines
- Train teammates on adherence to company policies and procedures, OSHA standards, all safety and environmental codes and industry regulations including consistent use of always required personal protective devices
- Monitor work processes and make recommendations for modifications in order to increase and improve productivity, efficiency and accuracy for the purpose of improving costs; implement changes as directed or needed
- Provide quality checks for outgoing product to ensure accuracy
- Maintain all records of the delivery process such as time date quantity source and destination of materials shipped
- Oversee the destination reports for routes and departures to ensure customers receive their merchandise in a timely manner
- Communicate with the sales team as needed to resolve delivery issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
- The Shipping Lead directs a team of warehouse workers performing shipping activities, and operates under the general direction of the Warehouse Manager
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three years of experience in Warehousing, Receiving, or Shipping, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisory experience is preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and material handling operations
- Ability to effectively mentor, coach and develop teammates
- Ability to interpret and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram formats
- Ability to identify problems by collecting data, and establishing facts in order to recommend practical decisions and solutions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and change focus quickly to meet business needs
- Excellent customer focus and service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey information in an easily understandable format
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- This job operates in a warehouse environment. The job will have exposure to a moderate noise level, adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Ability to work rotational Saturdays and holidays
- Must be able to lift, carry and stock merchandise and supplies up to 75 lbs.
- Comfort level with picking merchandise reaching heights 30 ft plus
- Ability to use RF Scanners and operate forklift, order picker, and pallet jacks
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Service Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.