A social services organization in Brooklyn is actively seeking a compassionate and dedicated Social Services Coordinator (LMSW / LCSW) to join their growing staff. In this role, the Social Services Coordinator (LMSW / LCSW) will perform intake and admissions activities in collaboration with the Case Worker, Residential Life, and Health Services.
The Social Services Coordinator (LMSW / LCSW) will:
- Begin the process of identifying permanent connections and formulating discharge planning
- Conduct psycho-social evaluation, along with other diagnostic assessments and genogram, of participants and family/significant others
- Coordinate the treatment service planning and implementation activities of the inter-disciplinary team
- Collaboratively work with the treatment team and Office of Placement Services (OPS) to expedite the replacement, according to the program requirements, of the participant to a longer term setting or to be discharged from foster care
- In conjunction with the assigned Child Protective Specialist/Case Planner, explore the viability of alternative resources including but not limited to kinship and extended kin resources to facilitate expeditious replacement or discharge of the participant from pre-placement
- Initiate and facilitate family team meetings with all stakeholders, including the youth, to develop a strategy to expedite replacement or permanency
- Coordinate mental health related activities
- Coordinate the post-crisis response efforts of the program
- Facilitate psychoeducation groups with participants.
- Promote permanent connections, including reunification, foster boarding home placement, adoption, and alternative living arrangements
- Promote and model the seven Sanctuary Model commitments to create a non-violent and trauma-sensitive culture
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Master’s Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- 2+ years of experience in child welfare or related setting
- Clinical work with youth and families; including crisis management
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, organizational, and prioritization skills, along with strong computer skills
- Excellent crisis intervention, advocacy, and problem-solving skills
- Bilingual, English and Spanish