Software Developer I – (US – Contract)
Do you want to transform the experience of millions of travelers the world over? Do you love working with a creative engineering team that builds and maintains its ever-evolving scalable and performance platform? Expedia Insurance and Assurance team helps customers by offering a range of Insurance products designed specifically to provide peace of mind and confidence when booking with Expedia. This is an 11-month temporary role.
We’re looking for a capable, motivated Software Engineer who enjoys building services, loves to challenge the status quo, does not hesitate from taking initiatives, and loves to learn new technologies. Does this sound like you? Then read on!
What you will do:
- Creates software code for a plethora of practical uses
- They may work on a number of projects, which could include creating software systems, designing mobile apps, creating a project from the ground up, working on bettering an existing project, modifying an existing product, testing software, and debugging programs
- Maintenance of all projects may also be required depending upon the position held by the Software Developer Level 1 Junior level resource with some basic experience
- Contribute to the development of a multi-cloud, Kubernetes-based computer platform, including software components and Infrastructure as code
- Supporting DevOps operations by integrating developed Infrastructure as code into CICD pipeline builds
- Acting as part of an internal customer-facing support and maintenance rotation
Who you are:
- Familiarity with Container Orchestration such as Kubernetes or Amazon EKS
- Familiarity with Service Mesh such as Istio or Linkderd
- Exposure to cloud computing and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Familiar with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins or similar)
- Familiar with configuration tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience in one or more of Java, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Familiar with MVC frameworks and web services (REST)
- Ability to test and monitor your own code
- Ability to debug applications
- Understanding of testing and monitoring tools
- Exposure to Unix/Linux systems
- Understanding Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or other development processes and methodologies
Please note contractors are engaged to provide services to Expedia Group on a temporary basis in connection with a specific assignment. Contractors are hired and employed through Atrium, our third-party payrolling partner.
At Expedia Group, we believe in bringing people together and creating an inclusive workplace where everyone belongs and can do their best work. We care about our employees’ safety and well-being, so we’re requiring anyone working or visiting one of our U.S. offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
As a woman-owned firm, Atrium values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
No C2C or Third-Party Vendors
Job Types: Contract, Full-time
Pay: $47.00 – $57.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Austin, TX 78758: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location