- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce? Are you a top-notch software development engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce. With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon’s web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world’s largest e-commerce engines? If so, come be a member of Amazon’s Seller Qualification team. Our teams design and build world-class solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon.
We are seeking exceptional software development engineers to work on building the next generation of infrastructure for the seller approval process. The team seeks to reduce seller friction by providing efficient mechanisms to qualify sellers without compromising Amazon customer trust. The vision of the Seller Qualification Program is to grow the Amazon.com marketplace, offering customers Earth's largest selection of safe and authentic products.
As a Software Development Engineer on Seller Qualification team, you will play an important role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of product features from beginning to end. You will:
- Write high quality distributed system software.
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, stability, cost and security.
- Help drive business decisions with your technical input.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you're always working on the most important stuff.
- Mentor and lead junior developers on the team.
- Master’s degree (MS/ME) or PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.