- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team, with people who love movies & TV. As a software development engineer at IMDb, you will have the opportunity to use Amazon technologies from all over the company to build amazing products, which will be used directly by fans and industry professionals.
The IMDb Consumer Reference team’s vision is to be the most authoritative source of video entertainment to explore the world of movies & TV. We are embarking on a bold re-imagining of the consumer experience to bring the most relevant experiences to customers world-wide. We are building an entirely new architecture, based on GraphQL, to support these experiences on both our apps and website. We are seeking a software development engineer to who can channel their passion for movies and TV entertainment to work backwards from the customer to help us achieve our vision.
At IMDb, you'll be joining a team of seasoned leaders who value execution and decision making at the speed of startups, but with the backing and resources of Amazon. You can expect a culture of ambitious but achievable product development, built in short iterations with lots of experimentation. We celebrate team and personal milestones, and value balanced lifestyles that enable us to be refreshed and productive each day. Best of all, we share a passion for entertainment; we meet regularly with our founder and colleagues to discuss current films, shows, and events.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and experience working in AWS
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.