- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Job summary Would you love to work in a highly creative space, diving into big operational problems? Are you interested in technical challenges at scale, involving a high degree of creative freedom? ACES (Amazon Customer Excellency System) is seeking a highly talented and motivated Software Development Engineer to join the Quantitative Business Intelligence Tools (QuBIT) team. In this role, you will be responsible for the modification, development, debugging, and support of business critical tools and applications used across Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF), with visibility spanning from Fulfillment Center teams to corporate leadership. This GCF network includes hundreds of warehouses charged with completing and shipping hundreds of millions of packages to customers each year. Every package we ship out is an opportunity for improvement, translating to better prices and service to our customers. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to design and implement solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the existing platforms. This team has a broad scope including all of GCF, allowing creative freedom to explore broad business problems and areas of opportunity needing scalable and fast moving solutions. Application breadth can range from creating a new solution to an old problem, or diving into a space to create new value for our operators in Fulfillment Centers. You should also be enthusiastic about building deep domain knowledge about Amazon’s business and the fulfillment space. You will work as a liaison between business and technical stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to information systems to optimally support changing business processes and policies. Beyond representing the technology issues and needs of the supported group or department to both the engineering and business management teams, you will also have technical skills to deliver effective software solutions to business problems. You will contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment life-cycle, including design, development, documentation, testing, validation, and release. Get ready to work closely with your peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers!
· Experience mentoring and developing entry level developers · Experience working with external teams to drive solutions · Familiarity with the Amazon internal development environment. · Experience with Agile development methodologies · Experience with AWS (or other cloud) technologies · Excellent written and verbal communication skills The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,650 - $194,349 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.