You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back. At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way! When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is looking for a Software Engineer specializing in supporting real-time processing within the American Express Authorization ecosystem. Global Consumer Services Tech organization is responsible for the management of all the Risk, Fraud, and Credit decisioning surrounding global American Express card authorizations. The support of that is demanding and defines 7/24 availability. It is a key part of what makes our systems world class. Are you ready to help raise that bar of excellence?
Designs, develops, solves problems, debugs, evaluates, modifies, deploys, and documents software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Entry level ability in software development, such coding assignments and code fix
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Build self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
- Holds a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience).
- Requires hands-on knowledge and understanding of architecture, requirements analysis, applications systems design and integration, with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Has the ability to work with business partners and articulate technical concepts and design / implementation considerations.
- 1-3 years TPF Applications Development / Assembler / C / C++
- Strong TPF programming skills and in depth knowledge of the operating principles.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence cross functional teams, business partners and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders
- Must be able to thrive in an environment of heavy team interaction and collaboration.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.