Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Global Development Labs (GDL) is the leader in the development of an automation environment for research and development groups at Texas Instruments. Engineers are involved in a wide range of software development from basic instrument drivers to high-level complex software solutions that are the building block of the Test and Measurement environment for any IC or end products. They collaborate with all business units at Texas Instruments to ensure products are validated and verified across a broad range of industry applications and standards. The Engineering team is at the forefront of the next technology development and prepares a roadmap of necessary tools in order to ensure the successful deployment of the new products to market. The opportunity for contribution and technical growth covers a wide range of low-level programming to advance high-level automation software while managing a project from the beginning to end. The GDL involvement includes the assessment of the problem, evaluation of various solutions, definition of the best option, the implementation of proposal and finally deployment and maintenance of the environment.
In addition to development of the basic tools, Software and instrument drivers, GDL is responsible for taking immediate and effective action to resolve the issues related to deployment, maintenance and usage. GDL engineers work closely with Validations, Applications and Product engineering teams in order to ensure operation of the lab environment and measurement benches at highest utilization.
GDL engineers propose new concepts in creating automation environment with remote and local capabilities, create strategy and development plans, execute the solution, implement deployment and support structure in collaboration with different functional teams and resources.As a member of GDL, the are opportunities to work with technologies and engineers that are ultimately supporting customer products in Medical equipment, Automotive, EV, consumer electronics, Industrial automation, Space, Avionics, portable devices and much more
Put your talent to work with us as a software engineer – change the world, love your job!
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- C and C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with assembly language programming
- Solid understanding of software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle
- Desire to spend time in a hands-on environment working with complex devices in the lab
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results, highly self-motivated and dependable
- Ability to work in cross-cultural teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Python programming
- Experience in LabVIEW, TestStand, Spotfire, MATLAB and/or other programming skills
- Instrument communication interfaces, i.e. GPIB, USB
- Knowledge/experience in analog & digital IC measurement techniques
- Technical knowledge of semiconductor physics, electronic components/devices and analog circuits
- Profound experience in Test and Measurement Techniques, i.e. Power Management and Signal chain
- Experienced with various bench test/measurement equipment such as Scopes, Power Supplies, Source-Meters, Loads etc.
- Basic skill in Altium or related PCB HW design tools
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
- Data Analysis skills, performance and/or Statistical analysis, report generation
- EMC/EMI and environmental/Safety impact of the IC/applications
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time-management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
To be considered for this position, please apply.