Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer’s first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Sunbelt’s Software Engineer is equipped for success so we can make it happen for our customers.
The Software Engineer will deliver quality code to meet end users’ requirements in a manner that is scalable to the organization. This role works with more senior team members to learn more about Sunbelt and the needs/requirements in its customer facing and internal business applications.
- Architect, design, build and maintain applications for mobile platforms including iPhone, iPad.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Provide feedback, participate in code reviews and collaborate with other engineering teams, user experience design and product teams
- Learn the tech stack through and through, and therefore contribute ideas that inform broader team initiatives and technical strategy
- Stay up to date with new technology trends
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant engineering field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years total software development experience
- 3+ years working experience in iOS development
- Knowledge of mobile Point of Sales systems is a plus
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Proficiency with Git and continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development cycle environments
- Experience in with Microsoft .NET and .NET Core technologies and the C# programming language
- Strong working knowledge of JSON, REST, HTTP
- Knowledge of UI security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities
Must be able to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift up to 25 pounds or more, as required by the job. Some Sunbelt jobs may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work. All duties must be performed according to Sunbelt’s safety policies and guidelines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected ground
Safety is key to our culture:
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 25 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws.
We value an inclusive and diverse workplace:
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Columbia, SC Notification: This position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.