Robotics & Digital Solutions is part of Ethicon, Inc. which is part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Engineer, located in Santa Clara, CA.
Robotics and Digital Solutions, is part of Johnson & Johnson Med Tech. At Johnson & Johnson Robotics and Digital Solutions, we’re changing the trajectory of health for humanity, using robotics to enhance healthcare providers’ abilities and improve patients’ diagnoses, treatments, and recovery times. Johnson & Johnson Robotics was established in 2020 with the integration of Auris Health, Verb Surgical, C-SATS, and Ethicon. It comprises three key med-tech platforms: Flexible Robotics (MONARCH®), Surgical Robotics (OTTAVA™), and Digital Solutions. Join our collaborative, rapidly growing teams in the San Francisco Bay Area (Redwood City and Santa Clara), Cincinnati, and Seattle. You’ll collaborate on breakthrough medical technologies that unite multiple subject areas to build a connected digital ecosystem that advances medical professionals’ skills and improves patient outcomes.
The Software Engineer develops next-generation technologies that drastically improve the surgical experience for surgeons, hospital staff and patients both inside and outside the operating room. As a member of an incredibly creative, motivated and skilled team, this individual will be the synthesis of design and development, envision the architecture of the system and implement cutting edge GUI/UI concepts from storyboards and wireframe designs. J&J RaD Software Engineers are proactive, versatile and passionate self-starters that are driven to build new things from scratch and tackle exciting challenges at the cutting edge of medical technology.
This is a role for an individual who can work closely with the Clinical Engineering, Human Factors, UX Design, System Software and Visualization teams to implement versatile solutions to tricky front-end development problems, while keeping the end user in mind. While working in a challenging and fast paced work environment, this individual maintains strong coding skills, an unwavering commitment to quality, and a strong desire to be a team player. This individual’s work will have a significant impact on the medical industry and will help shape the future of digital surgery.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with designers, researchers, clinicians, product managers and a large, passionate group of peers to shape simple, effective user experiences and mold the future of design.
- Participate in regular code reviews.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience (Coops, internships, and relative projects will be taken into consideration)
- Solid programming skills in C/C++
- Solid understanding of modular GUI development in Qt or equivalent tools
- Experience with front end technologies and/or front end frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with the entire software stack
- Experience with working in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with software development tools (Git, Jenkins, various IDE’s)
- Attuned to the fundamentals of user experience
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Medical device development experience
- Experience with prototyping
- This position will be based out of Santa Clara, CA. and may require up to 10% travel both international and domestic
Do you want to be part of a diverse team delivering innovative products to market? Apply today!
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career, and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Clara-5490 Great America Pkwy
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)