We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Software Engineerwithin our IT Organization to help support our Global business. As a global-diversified manufacturing company, it’s sometimes hard to explain all the different things we do. We like to say, “we’re the biggest company no one has ever heard of.” We are confident you interact with one of our products in your daily life without knowing it. Whether it’s the mattress you sleep on, the car you drive, the plane you fly on, or the furniture you sit on, our high-quality components are there supporting you. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Software Engineeryou will have the opportunity to team with talented and personable professionals from Leggett & Platt, Microsoft, and other premier Global technology partners. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by use your technical expertise to partner with stakeholders across the business to provide meaningful solutions.
So, what will you be doing as a Software Engineer?
- Work closely with end users to analyze and solve business problems
- Design, develop, test, and implement new programs, applications and processes
- Support and make improvements to existing programs adhering to established objectives and specifications
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 3+ years of Data Warehousing Architecture and Processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills working as part of a team
Things we consider a plus:
- Experience with Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, or Hadoop
- Experience with Data Lake environments
- SPARK development experience (Scala or PySpark)
- Experience with data modeling (SSAS tabular models)
- Experience with C# or other object-oriented language
- Experience with DevOps, git, or other software version control systems
- Experience with Power BI, QlikView, or any other analytical tool
- Understanding of Business ERP Processes (Finance, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Understanding Azure services and architecture
- Knowledge of Microsoft SSRS
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX 2012 or D365 data sets
- Experience with writing specifications for new programs, enhancements, forms, and reports
Reasons You’ll Love It Here
Our benefits may vary slightly from one location to the next, but what you will find, is that we offer: medical, dental, and vision insurance; as well as paid vacation, paid personal time, and various opportunities to give back to your local community. One convenient fact about our medical plan, is that we offer tele-visits, so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home when you are feeling under the weather! We also strongly encourage and provide opportunities for learning and professional development. Our Learning & Development team has put together in-house training on subjects like front-line supervisor essentials, how to manage conflict in the workplace, and many others.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our Commitment to You
We’re proud of the fact that we are strongly rooted in being an inclusive, people-focused organization. Our company culture reflects values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to heart, and if you do as well, you’ll fit right in.
Leggett & Platt Inc. is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with our commitment, Leggett & Platt Inc. will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For specific regional privacy notices please refer to our http://privacy.leggett.com/privacy-notices