Location: Johnston, IAJob Code: 721# of openings: 1
Are you a software engineer who…
- Wants to develop and troubleshoot highly available, highly performant solutions?
- Wants to be in the middle of the organization’s mission-critical functionality?
- Likes to integrate third-party and custom applications?
- Embraces the role of a full-service software engineer?
If so, we are looking for you. We’re in need of an Object-Oriented Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for supporting and expanding the organization’s real time processing applications to ensure our customers have the real time experience they expect when conducting card-based transactions.
What you’ll do:
- Develop solutions using C++, Python, and/or ACE
- Manage system health and throughput using the ELK Stack
- Troubleshoot and debug issues in existing code
- Interpret design documents to create code that achieves desired outcomes
- Develop code using best practices while always ensuring quality and security
- Participation in an on-call support rotation covering nights and weekends
What skills you need:
- Development experience with C++ and/or Python and/or ACE
- Understanding of Object-oriented programming concepts
- Ability to leverage system information to maintain system availability
- Passion for quality and testing
- Ability to create and maintain positive professional relationships
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
What makes you stand out:
- Knowledge of financial/banking industry practice, products and processes
- Experience with IBM’s ACE platform
- Experience with ELK (Elastic, Logstash and Kibana)
Starting annual salary from $74,500 to $105,100*
- Actual compensation will be based upon factors such as geographic location, experience, education, and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
The Strength of SHAZAM
SHAZAM’s an independent company in the thriving financial services industry. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment where you’ll be challenged and rewarded for your achievements. Our employees’ professional growth and development is top priority, and you’ll be surrounded by talented individuals and postured to make a real difference in the company.
As a team member at SHAZAM, you’ll be an essential part of our mission as we work together strengthening community financial institutions. We’re a trusted partner to our valued customers providing answers, choice and innovation with an impeccable level of customer service — a level unmatched in the industry.
And here’s the best part. We’re a national company that offers a small-company feel, a cultural balance that’s hard to come by but very real at SHAZAM. As an employee here, you’ll get to know everyone from the front line to the CEO, and be a part of a highly collaborative work environment.
Join SHAZAM and be a part of a motivated and vibrant group of people. We offer highly competitive salary packages and attractive benefits:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, plus flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plan, plus financial planning assistance
- Vacation, sick leave, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Casual dress
- Wellness programs, on-site fitness center and fitness reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability plans
- Employee rewards and recognition programs, including an employee bonus program
- Flexible hours
- Two state-of-the-art facilities with secure building access and free on-site parking. (Johnston office is located in a greenbelt area).
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
PROTECTED VETERANS AND INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITY
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by ITS, Inc. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $74,500.00 – $105,100.00 per year