Job Title: Solution Architect
Duration: Contract to hire. All candidates must be hireable at any point during the assignment with no third party or visa constraints.
Location: Westminster, CO (preference). The resource will work remote, but once the offices open back up, the preference is to have the resource work close to the Westminster, CO office. Other locations will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
**When submitting candidates, you must include the candidate’s target salary, current location and work status at the top of the resume. This information is required upfront.
Please submit candidates at market rate for this role.
About the Role:
The Solution Architect is a customer-oriented technology leader responsible for the end-to-end design and implementation of customer use cases, including new client onboarding, existing client upsells and custom solutions. Partnering with business leaders, product management, software development and shared service teams, you will design thoughtful solutions that resonate with customers and stakeholders.
This is a technology leadership role with great degree of influence and authority. It is 25% customer / business / product facing and 75% technical, working with development teams on architecture / prototyping / solutioning / implementation.
Who You Are:
- You’re an experienced, hands-on technologist with both breadth and depth of technical expertise and strong business acumen. You’ve grown up in SaaS or custom development shops and can speak / write code
- You are an agent of change, highly capable and excited to drive new solutions and technologies to transform your clients and your company. You ignore the status quo, challenging yourself, your team, and your customers to new levels of performance, and you respect when you yourself are challenged
- You’re highly organized and data-driven with excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and an ability to tell a story convincingly and comfortably. You can effectively communicate complex concepts to varied audiences (Senior Executives, Customers, IT Management, and Developers)
- Participate in the sales process to review and analyze complex customer IT requirements, provide solution guidance, and help refine scope during RFP and Contracting phases
- Support technical engagements with existing or prospective customers. These include strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, prototype development and workshops
- Partner with Business Stakeholders and Product Management on holistic solution design, use case development and solution implementation planning
- Understand and classify the customer portfolio, current state consumption of IT products and services across the book of business, the desired or target state, and the roadmap for upgrades / product rollout and adoption / platform migrations
- Provide leadership, vision and customer-perspective to development teams, technical leads, application architects and the broader technical community. Drive technical, architectural, and functional discussions. Challenge and guide developers to build modern solutions that our Fortune 1000 customers expect
- Define design patterns, approaches, guidelines and standards
- Facilitate creation of Technical Solution Design document in accordance with design standards which wholly define and agreed technical solution for a customer delivery project including scope, interface design, impacted components, risks and necessary trade-offs with an emphasis on standardization and re-use
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to development teams during the analysis, development, testing, deployment and stabilization phases
- Be a strategic advocate for Scaled Agile practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing, testing, deploying or operating .NET or Java based software solutions in an enterprise of smiliar technical breadth and scale. This is a Plan and Build position and can lead by doing
- 3 years performing Technical Solutions Architecture for a company of similar technical breadth and scale. Exposure to AWS preferred
- Understanding of IT Service Management concepts
- Strong presentation skills. Excels in creation of professional, client-facing visuals (“marketshare”)
- Excellent data, analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles ideal
- Proven ability to lead projects that span multiple teams, ability to deliver on commitments
- Experience with Feeds, APIs, and other External Integrations preferred
- Experience with Commercial SaaS product development
- Experience in HR, IT or Financial Services preferred