- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual book close cycles through effective planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and/or input general ledger entries by utilizing set procedures and various accounting systems.
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent.
- Provide customer service to internal and external groups.
- Prepare analyses and be prepared to provide explanations for unusual and/or inconsistent trends.
- Create increasingly complex financial statement schedules, audit support schedules and other reports in a timely manner.
- Establish, document, and perform internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Understand how data flows through the financial systems to the accounting function to identify issues and take action to address them.
- Assess the business value and efficiency of the work performed, making suggestions for improvements, and collaborating with others in implementing them. Lead or actively participate in increasingly complex departmental projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Fosters the development of teammates by sharing expertise and experience through training or reviewing their work.
- Bachelor`s degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience is required
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results
- Must be able to communicate effectively with teammates and others, leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results/recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.