Job Title: Sr. Director of Wholesale and Correspondent Lending
Location: Greenville, SC preferred. Open to remote potential.
In this position, you will be responsible for building and leading a best in class white label table funding & correspondent loan program to accompany our growing Retail and Broker origination channels. We’re searching for a highly skilled and seasoned leader in wholesale mortgage originations who has demonstrated experience in leading similar platforms in the residential or commercial mortgage industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate must be capable and passionate about building and leading a new White Label and Wholesale/Correspondent origination channel, and you must be the type of leader who is an exceptional relationship builder, motivator, trainer, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will have significant resources at your disposal, with the full support of a well-capitalized institutionally backed national retail originator building a best-in-class wholesale/correspondent program. Your team will be working with the best brokers and small lenders in the business purpose lending industry, with excellent products for fix and flip, new construction, and investor rental loans. You’ll play a key role in designing and ensuring execution on all relevant parts of the loan process in your channel, and you’ll have daily interaction with leaders across the organization to ensure we’re delivering an exceptional customer experience at every single touch point.
You’ll be (or will show the ability to quickly become) an expert on all things single family investment property related, from large single family rental portfolio’s, to build for rent developments, to fix and flip projects. You’ll drive your team to flawless execution, providing them the resources, training, and motivation to take their clients real estate investment strategy to the next level.
This opportunity allows you to learn from some of the brightest minds and most accomplished leaders in the private lending industry, working for one of the most respected and fastest growing companies in the space. You’ll create significant opportunities for yourself by becoming a valued part of our incredible team. You’re going to roll up your sleeves every day and get after it, motivate your team to do the same, and not be afraid of aspiring for greatness.
If you’re looking for a challenging and high profile wholesale/correspondent leadership opportunity, in a company with an amazing culture and a rich heritage of promoting from within, we need to talk!
- Principled individual with high moral standards, intelligence and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of similar wholesale/correspondent mortgage origination leadership, either in commercial or residential mortgage, with demonstrated success leading large teams
- Proven success and expert knowledge in mortgage lending processes, and knowledgeable in the logistics and execution of a correspondent and white labeled table funding mortgage origination model
- Balanced focus of driving origination volume with good quality underwriting and risk assessment
- Successful track record of recruiting and developing sales and operations team members
- Passionate about developing others and building a world class culture
- Healthy respect and support for operations team and role in loan closing process. No tolerance for a sales vs. operations culture. Teamwork and support is critical.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, projecting a positive attitude and providing an environment of professional excellence.
- Collaborative leadership with executive team to make Lima One stronger and not simply push own personal/functional agenda. (dictatorial management or intimidation management will not be successful).
- Highly analytical, with the ability to think on your feet and solve problems
- Exceptional work ethic, thriving in fluid, fast paced environments
- Detail-oriented displaying a high degree of accuracy
- Supports achievement of business objectives through effective management of sales and operationas resources,
- Identifies opportunities to improve products, processes, and service to achieve short-term and long-term strategic and tactical goals.
- Supports and advises management of internal and external products and regulations, as well as, stays abreast of industry trends, best practices and competitive information.
- Unwavering integrity and track record of doing the right thing for clients and company and protecting the credit quality of loans originated.
- Exceptional experience working in partnership with operations teams towards common goals
- Fun to be around!
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commissions
- Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
- Medical benefits
- Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Personal and professional growth opportunities
- 401k with match
About Lima One Capital:
Lima One Capital is the nation’s premier lender for real estate investors. Recognized by the Inc.5000 as one of America’s fastest growing companies, Lima One specializes in providing real estate investors with financing for their rental, fix-and-flip, multifamily properties, and new construction. The company, founded by Marines, is distinguished as one of South Carolina’s Best Places to Work and Top Workplaces. Lima One is headquartered in downtown Greenville, South Carolina, and markets its lending products over a national footprint of 45 states and the District of Columbia. Learn more about us at limaone.com.