At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop, manage, and administer Fleet Services’ compliance program for all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory & safety standards (e.g., FMVSS, OSHA, ANSI, OEM, DOT, EPA).
Interface with Fleet Services’ customer organizations to develop and execute Exelon’s annual vehicle procurement strategy. Establish appropriate designs, specifications, and standards for vehicles and related equipment through collaboration with suppliers and customer organizations, aimed at optimizing the fleet to meet the operational needs of Exelon’s work groups.
Develop and maintain Exelon’s Electrification and Green Fleet strategies for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. Ensure alignment with Exelon’s overall environmental goals and the vehicle procurement strategy without compromising operational business needs.
Coordinate activities with vehicle and equipment suppliers, Training department, and customer organizations to ensure appropriate level of support in equipment service, maintenance, and operational training.
Facilitate the Fleet Training Program to ensure technical advancement and regulatory compliance for Fleet Technicians.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24×7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Establish and execute annual vehicle procurement strategy with input from customer organizations, including performance of vehicle lifecycle analysis and development of replacement approach. This includes establishing vehicle production schedules with suppliers, adhering to procurement budgets, tracking vehicle delivery, and creation of new vehicle records in the fleet management system.
- Develop, manage, and administer Fleet Services’ compliance program for all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory & safety standards (e.g., FMVSS, OSHA, ANSI, OEM, DOT, EPA).
- Interface with customer organizations and suppliers to establish vehicle standards and requirements, including approval of vehicle modification requests.
- Develop and maintain Exelon’s Electrification and Green Fleet strategies for reduction of greenhouse gas emissions through achievement of a 30% electrified Fleet by 2025 and 50% electrified Fleet by 2030. Ensure alignment with Exelon’s overall environmental goals and the vehicle procurement strategy without compromising operational business needs.
- Coordinate activities with OEMs, suppliers, Methods & Training, Supply, and customer organizations to ensure that appropriate equipment service, maintenance and operational training needs are met.
- Facilitate the Fleet Training Program to ensure technical advancement and regulatory compliance for Fleet Technicians.
Responsible for ensuring compliance of Exelon’s fleet and associated facilities with all applicable governmental, regulatory and safety standards. Perform analysis to establish the replacement strategy and acquisition of new vehicles and equipment potentially valued in excess of 15-25 million dollars annually. Facilitate the Fleet Training Program to ensure technical advancement and regulatory. compliance for Fleet Technicians.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related technical field and 5-8 years’ experience.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree: 9-12 years’ experience in a fleet-related field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Experience with Fleet regulatory compliance.
- Experience with vehicle maintenance, design, and specifications.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Medium/Heavy Truck certification and/or a Fluid Power Society certification.
- Industry relationships such as National Association of Fleet Administrators (NAFA), International Automotive Technician Network (IATN), Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- Class A CDL preferred.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[Link available when viewing the job]