Responsible for overseeing and supervising the underwriting of residential real estate loans ensuring balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Is proactive in problem detection and resolution. Monitors customer service standards by assisting in problem solving and resolution of operational problems. Supervises employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules and priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate is someone with current mortgage underwriting experience. The ideal candidate will also have team lead and/or supervisory experience where they have led a team of mortgage underwriters.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- Ensures compliance with the Bank’s credit policies. Exhibits good judgment and ensures accurate and balanced loan presentations.
- Monitors loan packages for completeness and accuracy.
- Underwrites loans within specific authority.
- Responsible for training and supervising of underwriting staff. Assists in training branch and other line staff.
- Communicates regularly with Loan Representatives, branch officers and customers to ensure quality service is being provided and to help structure complex loan transactions.
- Assists in the development and implementation of customer service standards, and provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time. Ensures that customer service levels and stated service standards are met.
- Recommends new policies and procedures to improve overall operations.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, and FNMA. Manages the underwriting staff’s pipeline to ensure all loans are effectively processed to fund on time. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicating with residential lending sales, brokers, customers and operations staff regarding non-loan origination activities such as loan decisions, conditions, scenarios, and underwriting guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wichita Falls, TX 76308: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location