At Dewey’s we strive to bring together warm, caring and intelligent people who love to serve and who strive to be among the best in their field. We are looking for a Benefits Administrator who is passionate about finance and accounting!
The Staff Accountant is part of the accounting and finance team who provides direct support to both the Senior Staff Accountant and the entire team.
As a Staff Accountant, my first responsibility is to at all times support the following four areas:
- Our Vision, Strategy, Purpose, and Values
- Defining and modeling our culture
- Our organizational performance
- Driving change to improve our performance
- Create and enter period journal entries.
- Maintain accurate accounting records in Restaurant 365 system.
- Prepare informational reports for management as needed.
- Responsible for daily store auditing to ensure compliance and timely reporting.
- Maintain and organize all required filings for the company, electronic and paper.
- Maintain a documented system of policies and procedures for staff accountant responsibilities.
- Assist in the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with tax and/or other filings as required.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Provide ongoing assistance to the entire finance & accounting team when needed.
- Assisting Senior Staff Accountant with completion of DewMore packet documentation
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Adept at gathering and analyzing data for understanding needs and evaluating outcomes.
- Works well individually, with a team, and across all departments.
- Flexible with a willingness to engage with others across the organization.
- Strong emotional intelligence, open minded, and curious to learn and grow.
- A balance of humility and confidence, always seeking truth from a place of inquiry.
- Highly motivated and committed to excellence. Someone who is energetic and wants to get out there and make things happen in a strategic way.
- Thorough understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- At least one to two years in an accounting role required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location