Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
A Staff operations quality engineer supporting new product development and design transfer activities. They are responsible for maintaining a strong collaborative partnership with cross-functional team members that facilitates organizational success by protecting patient/user safety and meeting business needs. This position will lead and provide strategic direction on design for manufacturability, risk management evaluation as well as process validation.
Also provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute and support on-time completion of Design Control Deliverables
- Accountable for Process Verification and Validation planning & execution, including active cross-functional root-cause analysis investigation & resolution activities
- Lead or support Risk Management activities from product Development through Commercialization
- Support design and manufacturing test and inspection method development, and lead method validation activities
- Ensure DHF content completion, integrity, and regulatory & standards compliance; collaboratively communicating & resolving gaps
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Leads technical activities for new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
- Presents findings and recommendations.
- Analyzes and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques.
- Recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion.
- Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks.
- Serves as a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees.
- Leads project team(s), determines goals and objectives for the projects.
- Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers.
- Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters.
- Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree plus 9+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience monitoring all costs associated with assigned organizational unit; monitoring company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitoring industry trends and external environment
- Proven record of developing and/or identifying new work processes that will have broad applicability throughout the company.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:? [Link available when viewing the job]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Link available when viewing the job], on Facebook at [Link available when viewing the job] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.