Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ?nger sticks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Assist on the design, analysis, interpretation, and documentation of statistical results. Provide statistical consultation to technical staff, management, and interact with regulatory agencies. Responsible for the development of statistical procedures to ensure consistency and use of most adequate statistical techniques division wide. Develop statistical material and provide training to
statisticians and non-statisticians.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
1. Protocol Inputs
- Provide statistical leadership in identifying and applying novel methods in clinical trial design and analysis, including simulation and modeling.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to develop scientifically appropriate strategies.
- Responsible for design and statistical methodology selection, sample size justification, randomization scheme and protocol acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for the statistical section of the protocol.
2. Statistical Analysis
- Develop statistical analysis plans.
- Develop randomization plans.
- Participate in data analysis and validation of statistical programs.
- Participate in Case Report Form reviews.
3. Scientific Reports and Publications
- Participate in the preparation of data for publications and/or regulatory submissions.
- Assist project team on data interpretation, inferences, and documentation of statistical results.
4. Collaboration and Consultation
- Assist peers to develop efficient designs, protocols, and reports per agreed timelines.
- Present statistical concepts and arguments to management, regulatory agencies and scientists.
- Effectively represent the Statistical group on cross functional initiative teams.
5. Training, Mentoring
- Develop statistical modules and provide formal training to statisticians and non-statisticians.
6. Project Coordination and Regulatory Activities
- Responsible for the accuracy and appropriateness of statistical inputs provided for regulatory submissions and development decisions.
7. Problem Solving
- Identify issues, challenges, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Encourage others to generate options for action to address and issue or problem.
- Encourage boundary breaking by challenging colleagues to question established work processes.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- MS in statistics or related field with 7+ years, or PhD with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with Bayesian study design/analysis (is a plus)
- High degree of technical competence and communicative ability, both oral and written.
- Competent in clinical trial designs, sampling plans, equivalence studies, confidence and reliability testing and statistical analysis for test method evaluation
- Knowledge in appropriate statistical software such as SAS, R, or JMP
- Experience in clinical statistical programming, statistical writing, data analysis, data management processes.
- Experience working with complex problems where analysis of situations and data requires in-depth evaluation of various situations.
- Ability to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Influence / Leadership
- Ability to interface with a variety of management levels on significant matters, often requiring the coordination across organizational units.
WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:? [Link available when viewing the job]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Link available when viewing the job], on Facebook at [Link available when viewing the job] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal