The Store Setup Project Manager will oversee all aspects of Independent Carquest new store projects, while helping to define and document implementation processes. This role will receive guidance and direction from the Independent Sales Director and Account Executive to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget. The Project Manager will supervise and coordinate the activities required to effectively relocate or remodel an existing store location or open a new store. There are two key functions:
Primary Role: Manage competitive changeovers, acquisitions and green fields, as well as assist in store remodel / relocation projects. Gain consistent alignment and timely execution of all tasks between Advance Store Support Center departments and the field.
Secondary Role: Provide ongoing identification and development to streamline and scale processes that are vital to the growth of the Independent Carquest business.
This role can be located anywhere in the US, so long as you are near a major airport for travel needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees all aspects of project workflow of all Independent Carquest store projects.
- Manages projects using Advance Auto Parts approved project management tools.
- Focuses on maintaining consistency and streamlines field process within set timelines.
- Interacts, partners and builds relationships with Field Directors, Account Executives, Finance Team, Setup Team Leads, Store Partners (customers) and other Store Support Center teams as required.
- Supervises unloading and loading of trucks.
- Supervises that fixtures are set according to the floor plan.
- Merchandises product on fixtures according to the planogram (POG).
- Assists in training store personnel on proper merchandising techniques.
- Places prices and descriptive signs on fixtures and merchandise.
- Installs and/or relocates computers.
- Must be capable of leading and directing a group of employees to successfully set a new store, relocation, or remodel of an existing or acquired store to company and department standards.
- Verify all POGs are correct, current and built to plan. This includes signage, display racks, and specialty display items.
- Report any unfinished construction issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills required to run onsite projects and understand product disposition activities.
- The ability to work cross functionally, handle multiple projects and build relationships will be critical to this role’s success.
- Ability to travel frequently (over 50%); typically 1-2 weeks at a time
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and future Advance approved project management software.
- Ability to work independently in preparation for and managing projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel, as store schedule requires. Travel may require being away from home four (4) to twelve (12) days at a time.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and set a professional example.
- Should be well mannered, neat in appearance, and possess the ability to meet and deal with store personnel and the general public in an unbiased manner.
- Must attend all scheduled and or required company meetings.
- Follow all security and safety practices at all times
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.