Student Services and Technology Experience Consultant
(Information Technology Consultant - Expert)
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $6,583 - $7,250 per month
Full classification Salary Range: $6,249 - $12,100 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Under the general direction of the Deputy Chief Information Officer, the Student Services & Technology Experience Consultant has the responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with Student Affairs for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The incumbent serves as the link between Student Affairs, Administration and Finance, Academic Affairs and IT at the administrative/executive level. The incumbent provides highly valued strategic consulting level support and guidance through key IT and DOSAEM initiatives, with a focus on Student Success applications/tools. They communicate decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests and projects and initiatives. They proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. They partner with leadership (i.e. steering committee) and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria (e.g. return on investment, productivity, compliance, campus/cabinet priority, etc.).
The incumbent proactively serves as a “trusted advisor,” and is the key point of contact to executives and managers as it relates to student systems. The incumbent provides support in delivering technology products that meet the needs of the students. The incumbent focuses on strategic initiatives which enhance the student experience and supports the departments that provide services to students. They strive to understand opportunities and challenges, including determining priorities and assessing issues. The incumbent is proactive and anticipatory in their thinking. They are, by nature, driven to provide significant value to the campus. The incumbent facilitates the ideas/concepts, project intake process and the high-level planning and execution of initiatives through the use of technology. They serve a lead role in enabling the campus to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education student related applications.
- Proficient in computer office systems and ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and software packages (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite).
- Knowledge of the principles of institutional planning and ability to analyze and interpret data and make strategic business decisions.
- Principles and practices of effective leadership, and motivation.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in building and managing strategic and collaborative relationships across divisions to support student success application, increasing adoption and usage of technology services, building buy-in, and overcoming resistance.
- Demonstrated experience or ability working with partners to lead change management efforts, including coordinating with technical and functional leads on any technology-related implementations, modifications, or upgrades to student success applications and platforms, including documenting new requirements, conducting user acceptance testing, and coordinating any required training
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct training for student planning tools and platforms and delivering training documentation to students, faculty, and staff.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to consult with users to determine needs for and coordinate development of reports and dashboards to effectively and efficiently monitor application usage/activity, track specific program outcomes, and identify any areas for performance improvement.
- Active listener with excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the ability to convey technically complex information and concepts in accessible terms.
- Possess strong analytical skills and exercise sound administrative judgment and initiative in the development of new methods and procedures and in the solution of difficult personnel problems.
- Organizational and time-management skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and projects under competing deadlines and maintain flexibility in response to constantly shifting priorities.
- Demonstrate a natural problem-solving and analytical capability.
- Interpersonal, and communication skills, including ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and ability to collaborate across organizational lines.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Ability to facilitate group participation, consensus building and foster employee development through coaching, counseling, training
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated vendor management experience, serving as liaison to troubleshoot and report problems, request enhancements, and any necessary training, and coordinate support and upgrades
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in a relevant field
- Minimum five years of related professional technology experience which includes experience leading a team
Technology Services provides administrative information services, core services, and desktop support to the Fresno State community.
Our department consists of a well trained team of individuals dedicated to providing effective technology and quality services and support that are integrated into the daily activities of the entire campus.
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by June 10, 2022 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
- Applications received after that date will be forwarded at the request of the Hiring Manager and/or search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Vaccination Interim Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Fresno State is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions. (e.g. H1-B Visas)