1.0 VACANCY REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Subsea Supervisor (DW DRILLSHIP, ANGOLA)
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader
CURRENT NOV AND SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
Please read this section first:
To be considered for this role, at a minimum the candidate must possess the following licenses and/or training, which will have a least 6 additional months of validity at the time of CV submittal:
o OGUK or STCW compliant Health Certificate.
o Basic Safety Training (OPITO approved BOSIET, STCW Basic Training w/HUET, or CBSP w/HUET is the minimum requirement)
o IWCF Well Control, Driller, Combined, Level 3*Note: Some training schools are not acceptable. Seadrill will make final determination upon reviewing candidate’s credentials.
o Please ensure that relevant certificates and licenses are submitted at the same time as the candidate CV
• Special Requirements/Restrictions to be listed here:
o If this section is blank, no additional or special requirements other than standard industry experience for the role and rig type
The candidate must possess the relevant technical experience for this role, and additionally possess:
o A strong leadership and communication ability
o A good ability to speak, read and write English
o A strong sense of accountability and ownership for performance and safety of crew and rig
All candidates who pass initial CV screening and possess the basic certifications and licenses are required to complete online psychometric assessments. The results will be used by Seadrill as part of overall screening.
o Assessments must be completed prior to any further screening or interviews.
o Candidates will be notified via email if they are chosen to take the assessment.
o The assessment needs to be completed within 5 days in order to ensure an efficient and timely screening process. If the candidate is not able to take the assessment within that time period, please let Seadrill know.
o It is critical that the candidate read and follow the directions that are sent with the assessment link. Failure to follow the instructions may result in lower assessment results.
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Responsible for the safe and efficient management and execution of subsea operations as well as the maintenance and condition of subsea systems and equipment.
• Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
• Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
• That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
• Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
• Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
• That subsea equipment certification at all times is valid and available onboard
• Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
• That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
• That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
• Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
• Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
• Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
• Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
• Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
• That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
• All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
• Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
• Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
• Subordinates are trained in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
• Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor
• BOP latching/unlatching operations.
• Budgetary control of the department.
• Well kill operations as per instructions from Seadrill supervisors.
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
• Conducting daily control of all well control equipment and systems.
• Conducting daily control of all subsea support systems.
• Conducting equipment function and pressure test as per procedures or as directed.
• Subsea equipment/systems are maintained and maintenance is recorded.
• Sufficient stock of subsea equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
• Managing equipment preparation for future drilling operations.
• As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
• As per Seadrill training and competence directives.
2.0 REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the respective region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
The requirements in Section 1 are to be considered minimum corporate requirements and deviations from same are to be handled in accordance to the Directive for Handling of non-conformities.