About Linde :
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit [Link available when viewing the job].
The site superintendent will be responsible for the day-to-day overall operation of the Whiting HYCO, H2 fill and CO2 production processes. Directly responsible for the Operating Units in the areas of production and maintenance activities. Supervises and trains facility technicians. Implements safety programs, maintains quality assurance (QA) standards and training, supports meeting fixed and variable cost commitments, executes reliability programs, and complies with quality systems as well as governmental regulations as required.
Job Scope :
The site superintendent will supervise the operation of three Steam Methane Reformers, the hydrogen fill zone, CO2 plant and associated equipment to continuously supply product in requested quantities and qualities safely and economically. All while complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include :
- Ensuring that technicians are trained on and comply with critical safety procedures.
- Maximizing reliability to avoid unscheduled shutdowns resulting in interruption of supply to customers.
- Keeping the plant manager informed of deviations to operating plan.
- Accountability for adhering to all Corporate and plant policies including OSHA PSM, EPA RMP, and IDEM air, water, and waste regulations
- Oversee training of technicians on the SMR, fill zone compression equipment, CO2 production and associated equipment and operations.
- Ensuring that technicians are trained to continuously monitor and proactively check the operation for efficiency, and that they adjust controls in response to changes in operational conditions.
- Leading incident and near-miss investigations
- Driving improvements in productivity and cost savings.
- Manage and maintain the QA program at the site.
- Scheduling the technician’s work hours.
- Ensuring technician duties are performed and formal rounds are made per plant procedures.
- Ensuring all necessary production logs and records are properly maintained.
- Using professional judgment in operating the facility safely, reliably, and efficiently at all times.
- Writing, reviewing and updating SOPs. Ensuring that SOPs are used to maintain operational consistency and reliability.
- Coordinating daily maintenance activities with operations. Ensuring that corrective maintenance requests are properly prioritized and addressed in a timely manner. Working with maintenance team to ensure that required PMs are completed.
- Effectively communicating operating instructions and guidelines to technicians and communicating deviations as needed.
- Effectively communicating with technicians, plant manager, plant engineers, and other support groups.
- Completing compliance action items from PSM and QA related inspections, PHAs and assessments.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Chemical/Petrochemical experience as well as PSM or equivalent work experience in a directly related function
- 10 years’ experience in an industrial plant environment including production, distribution, safety, and/or plant maintenance required
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management standards and procedures governing safe operation of EPA RMP and PSM covered facilities
- Six Sigma or Lean experience preferred
- 5 years Demonstrated Leadership experience preferred