Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which is at the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
The Loan Systems Support team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the functionality of FirstBank’s lending systems and supporting for internal users of those systems. The Loan System Support Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the Loan System Support team, which includes ongoing evaluation of department procedures and systems and compliance with loan regulations. The supervisor works closely with the Loan Systems Support Manager, Loan Officers, direct reports, and internal departments to ensure that work assignments are prioritized and completed timely. This person will promote a positive, team-oriented environment and provide excellent customer service. Successful applicants should have strong technical problem-solving skills, experience analyzing and creating reports and dashboards, and experience working on IT projects.
What you will do
- Manages daily operations of the Loan Systems Support team in a hybrid environment.
- Evaluates department processes, monitors workflow, and participates in meetings to ensure smooth day-to-day operations.
- Ensures regulatory and policy standards as well as internal processes are being followed as it relates to Loan Systems Support duties.
- Monitors productivity and provides ongoing feedback and training to employees on regulations, procedures, and systems changes.
- Forecast, plan, and delegate the department’s daily work assignments with the intention of maximizing productivity while ensuring regulatory and policy compliance, as well as achieving desired service level objectives.
- Manages and initiates projects related to improving efficiency and compliance within the department.
- Evaluate, develop, and coach assigned staff on performance; provide clear guidance, expectations, and ongoing feedback.
- Analyze department performance levels using provided systems and tools.
- Provides support to branch personnel and Loan Operations staff, as needed.
- Stays current on bank regulations, loan systems, and products and services.
- Manages and assists with other department projects and task.
- Be able to capture business needs; analyze a variety of reports and dashboards related to the loans department to be utilized at both a department and company level.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understands and complies with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
Supervises the work of a group of direct reports. Responsible for performance management and evaluations; hiring and staffing, scheduling. Enforces policies and procedures. Directs day-to-day work of employees, through supervision of lead staff or directly. Supervisory responsibilities may be limited to a specific shift or a portion of a function, facility or location. May assist with training and payroll. Coaches and develops staff.
- Typically requires a minimum of 1-2 years of related functional experience and prior supervisory experience
- Operational management experience directly related to Loan Operations
- An advanced understanding of third party systems such as Encompass, ComplianceOne, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Project Management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong personnel management skills and proven leadership ,
- Excellent customer service skills,
- Effective time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and process improvement skills,
- Must be detail oriented with strong multi-tasking skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines,
- Must work well independently and on a project team,
- Strong knowledge of Word and Excel,
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment,
- Knowledge of loan products, processes, and regulations,
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
$39.10 per hour – $52.23 per hour
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D.
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. FirstBank does not permit pay inequities. Anyone who believes they have been subject to pay inequity should immediately report their concerns to the Human Resource Department.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)