- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in network and/or Linux system administration, web or software development, and troubleshooting.
- Experience scripting, writing, and modifying code to improve monitoring and automation (e.g., Perl, Python, Shell, etc.).
- Experience in configuration management and automation efforts, with technical troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Experience in root-causing problems in networking, storage, operating systems, etc.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud hosting.
- Experience with site reliability engineering and/or devops.
- Experience with cloud systems design.
- Knowledge of operating system internals, L2/L3/L4 networking, and storage appliance internals.
About the job
As a Systems Development Engineer at Google, you'll own and support the needs of Google's internal systems and related infrastructure. You're highly technical and will work directly with other systems and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you'll be able to support systems in a mixed operating system environment and will work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers will rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you'll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
As a member of the EDACloud system administration and application team you will support, develop, and improve the job scheduling environment for hardware design workflows. This is a unique and growing environment in Google, blazing trails in bringing Electronic Design Automation (EDA) technical stacks and workflows into Google's Cloud Platform.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop a broad understanding of EDACloud's technical stack and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide technical leadership and contribution to EDACloud systems and workflows.
- Develop and drive automated solutions.
- Work collaboratively and implement end-to-end solutions with partner teams.
- Identify and investigate tools and technolgies to improve the EDACloud environment.