Ref ID: 03720-0011972529
Classification: Systems Engineer
There is an immediate opportunity in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania through Robert Half for a Systems Engineer—apply today! If you want to be a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client’s network and wireless infrastructure, this Systems Engineer position will be great for you. This is a long-term contract / temporary opportunity. Interested? Submit an application today!
Your responsibilities in this role
– Test, maintain, install, and configure system management tools, operating systems, and application software
– Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
– Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
– Stand by for 2nd and 3rd level support
– Be a part of the development of design of information and operational support systems
– Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
– Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
– Support redundancy strategies, security, and backup
– Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes- You might be a good fit for this position if you have solid scripting skills
– We are particularly looking for candidates who have solid networking knowledge
– It is preferred for applicants to have experience with automation software
– We are particularly looking for candidates with solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
– It is preferred for applicants to have experience with virtualization and containerization
– VMware experience required
– Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft
– We are particularly looking for candidates who have experience with monitoring systems
– We are particularly looking for candidates with proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
Technology Doesn’t Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at [Phone number shown when applying]. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [Link available when viewing the job] for more information.
© 2021 Robert Half. An Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veterans. By clicking “Apply Now,” you’re agreeing to [Link available when viewing the job].