Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
From our world headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois, we oversee global operations of more than 11,000 employees at more than 50 manufacturing plants, mixing centers and distribution centers.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call [Phone number shown when applying] or email [Email available when viewing the job].
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
The ideal candidate lives in the Chicago land area.
- Responsible for achieving sales goals and executing sales plans, both volume and profit, within assigned sales territory. Responsible for securing and maintaining distribution of products and maintaining effective agreements.
- Has direct one-to-one communication with customers, both present and prospective.
- Performs field promotion work and development of new accounts.
- Demonstrates products and provides assistance in the best application of product.
- Contacts prospects and explains features and merits of products offered, utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Analyzes records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- Interprets accounts, trends, and records to management.
- Responsible for closing the sales transaction.
- Services accounts and manage relationship regarding pricing, product warranty claims, receivables, etc.
- BA/BS degree preferred in business, sales/marketing or related field.
- Prefer 2-3 years of previous sales experience.
- Must be able to travel frequently (30-40%) including some overnight travel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and attributes include initiative, problem solving, negotiation, and persuasive communication skills (written, presentation and verbal).
- Ability to function independently.