Southfield MI, United States 48033
GRAND PRAIRIE, TEXAS
As a member of the Materials team, the Truck Driver will be responsible for transporting inventory from home site to customer site and/or transport materials onsite via 18-wheeler.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Verify load accuracy, tractor/trailer safety inspection, ensure back up power chord is present in truck, complete DVIR, communication meetings, and driving time to be at the customer without service interruption.
- Prior to departure, the driver will sign out the logbook and verify the load is correct according to the manifest.
- Follow all traffic laws and regulations and drive cautiously to ensure his own safety and the safe delivery of his cargo.
- Chalk the driver and passenger side wheels and plug into the trailer complying with all GM policies and procedures.
- In the event there is a short or blown fuse, driver should replace the chord and turn in the chord to Lear Maintenance for inspection
- Unplug and visually verify that the dock lock has completely disengaged, plug the cord back into the holding plug and unchalk wheels.
- Secure trailer doors, recess ICC bars and prepare the trailer for offloading of pallets.
- Maintain fluids DEF, cleanliness, and report any equipment issues at any time immediately to the supervisor.
- Required valid CDL
- Required valid medical card
- Passing MVR
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.53 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Prairie, TX 75050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location