- Bachelor's degree in Law and certified to practice law in Taiwan.
- 6 years of work experience in commercial transactions and including intellectual property matters.
- Ability to speak and write in English and (Mandarin) Chinese fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience advising on Intellectual Property issues.
- Experience advising on and/or structuring, drafting and negotiating Intellectual Property licensing and services agreement or high desire to learn.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully performing in high pressure environments.
- Ability to work independently and comfortably across different business functions (e.g., product, engineering, supply chain, marketing, finance, compliance, HR) and lines of business (e.g., sales channels, developer program, international markets).
As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative - ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
The Google Hardware Organization is a team focused on Google consumer hardware products. It’s a new and thriving business for Google, and we’re seeking a Corporate Counsel and commercial transactions hybrid attorney to help support the organization’s existing and future family of products and services. This counsel role involves working hand-in-hand with the product and business teams in assessing, strategizing on and resolving relevant regulatory issues with appropriate stakeholders and drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. Issues and agreements in scope include Intellectual Property assessments and protections, license and services agreements, and more. In this role, you'll advise the business on its activities in Taiwan, including key legal risks and strategies, and work closely with Legal team members to roll out new products, negotiate key agreements, and manage regulatory challenges and litigation.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Perform legal analysis, complete complex legal assignments independently, respond promptly to legal requests from clients and legal colleagues, summarizing and communicating legal concepts and potential courses of action that business people can use.
- Advise clients on risks and options, agreement structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP and business strategy.
- Advise on legal issues and options across all business functions (including operations, engineering, sales, marketing, retail, finance, tax, compliance) across the company.
- Structure, draft and negotiate commercial transactions, and intellectual property licenses and agreements on a daily basis. Ensure compliance with company policy and risk tolerance.
- Support the continuous improvement and scale of legal processes, agreement processes, and company policies.