We envision a Luminex solution in every lab around the world seeking to obtain timely and confident answers. We aim to lead with transformative solutions that uniquely accelerate reliable answers while reducing the overall cost of advancing health.
The Associate Scientist II (Design Transfer) will be responsible for
- Carrying out day-to-day work in the laboratory to ensure consistent performance of new products, investigate potential product or process issues, and provide supporting data for new manufacturing processes.
- Planning and scheduling work independently following the technical direction of scientists and senior lab personnel and following practices, procedures and protocols of the group.
- Participating in the design of lab experiments, write reports, procedures and other documentation, present to interdepartmental groups, general laboratory upkeep, and mentor entry level lab personnel.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Daily “hands-on” laboratory work, including planning and scheduling work, generating, recording and analyzing experimental data, and maintaining laboratory notebooks
- Design experiments as part of product out-of-specification investigations, non-conformances, and CAPA processes.
- Assist with coordinating projects within the Early Design Transfer Department
- Significant role in development of new test methods and product specifications
- Lead validation activities for new products and test methods
- Contribute to manufacturing process validation and process improvement efforts, as applicable
- Write and review of SOPs, study protocols, study reports and other documentation
- Significant role in transfer of new product designs to Manufacturing & QC departments
- Work closely with Research and Product Development scientists to understand the design requirements of new products
- Work closely with Manufacturing and QC personnel to understand process requirements and limitations
- Assemble and present data on a regular basis, both individually to supervisors and in company meetings
- Assist with maintaining supplies and general laboratory maintenance and organization
- Comply with the Luminex Quality System
- Additional Laboratory tasks, as the need arises
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Master’s degree in chemistry, biology, molecular biology or a related subject OR
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, molecular biology or a related subject and at least 2 years related experience and/or training OR
- Minimum Associate’s degree in chemistry, biology, molecular biology or a related subject and at least 5 years related experience and/or training
- Experience with equipment and data analysis methods used in a molecular biology laboratory
- Knowledge of routine laboratory methods such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, sequencing, database analyses, specimen handling and processing, and experimental documentation
- Previous work experience in GLP/GMP laboratory with an understanding of documentation requirements desirable.
Training, Skills and Certifications/Licenses:
- Highly organized with proven time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must work onsite at Luminex office
- Travel may be required at least 10% of the time
- Ability to handle pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Work situations include dealing with people; working alone; making judgments and decisions; and directing, controlling or planning the activity of others
- Possible exposure to Chemicals, Lasers, Excessive Noise, etc.
- Physical Demands: All positions require standing, stooping, bending, climbing, sitting, kneeling, and lifting at least 10 lbs. Additional physical requirements are listed below:
- Vision (Color) on the job is required occasionally
Luminex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, citizenship status, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, or any other protected characteristic or category protected by applicable law.