We are seeking an energetic bioinformatics research associate to design and implement next generation software solutions for healthcare and the life sciences. The successful applicant will be part of a dynamic team exploring innovative ways of applying current and emerging artificial intelligence and semantic web technologies to applications in bioinformatics and medicine, primarily focusing applications in multi-omics big data analysis and personalized medicine. The associate will contribute to the research and planning of bioinformatics solutions, assist in identifying and applying for research opportunities with the National Institutes of Health, and guide the software development team in realizing project goals. The ideal candidate will have experience in analyzing and understanding at least one -omics (genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, etc.) technology with the interest and drive to learn other biomedical domains. Applicants are encouraged to submit their NIH biosketch.
- Research multi-omics data integration, analysis, and personalized medicine challenges and help identify software solutions to address them.
- Identify and communicate with leading researchers, scientists, and doctors participating in multi-omics research.
- Assist project managers with scheduling, estimating and resource allocation.
- Identify NIH-funded research topics, assist in writing grant applications, and participate in funded grant activities.
- Contribute to publications and presentations of ongoing research activities.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- Experience in aggregating and analyzing at least one -omics technology
- Strong analytical and technical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Oriented toward collaboration, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
- Prior participation in NIH-funded research grants.
- Prior publications in bioinformatics or -omics data analysis
- Experience with healthcare data standards (CDISC, HL7, DICOM), genetics data formats, and genetics data analysis.
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies, including OWL, RDF, and SPARQL.
INFOTECH Soft develops next generation information technology solutions for healthcare and the life sciences. Our experienced and highly qualified technical staff continuously expands the state of the art by applying the latest advancements in technology to address current and emerging issues in medical informatics. Our cutting-edge research projects, have produced highly innovative solutions benefiting the dynamic needs of the healthcare industry. INFOTECH Soft provides a relaxed working environment with a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, flexible schedule, and medical benefits.
To apply contact Thomas J. Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFOTECH Soft, Inc. 1201 Brickell Ave, Suite 220 Miami, FL 33131