Role: CEO, AGCO (Agribusiness Company)
Location: The position is located within rural Nagorno Karabagh; however, alternative options will be considered for highly qualified candidates who are unable to relocate but can spend minimum 30% of time on-site in the Nagorno Karabagh rural community, plus travel to other locations as required for interaction with the AGCO Board of Directors and strategic partners.
Job Description: Tufenkian Foundation is seeking a Chief Executive Officer for the new AGCO project. The CEO will start-up and lead its impact investing activities in the given location. Specifically, this role will lead all activities around strategy, planning, starting-up, management and growth of a profitable agricultural enterprise while producing positive social outcomes for the surrounding rural communities. The agricultural enterprise will include commercial and family farming, as well as downstream processing businesses.
Supervision: Responsible to the Board of Directors of AGCO
· Meet/exceed the social and financial targets set with the Board of Directors
· Develop and execute the Strategic, Operating, and Sales/Marketing plans approved by the AGCO Board of Directors. This position interacts with the AGCO Board of Directors on a regular basis with open and both formal and informal communications.
· Recruit and develop a talented management team
· Support efforts to facilitate and secure financing for business activities
· Develop, implement, monitor, and report results on annual operating /work plan and capital budgets. Establishes process for the planning, approval, and acquisition of capital expenditures.
· Develop and execute plans for storage, distribution, and transporting goods to targeted markets
· Establish processes and controls for eliminating waste and driving continuous improvements for operating efficiencies.
· Develop and execute a technology plan for bringing innovative, smart, transformative, clean technologies that drive profitability and sustainability, to include technologies that drive energy and water conservation and independence.
· Apply and monitor adherence to Environmental, Health, and Safety standards, as well as AGCO’s value system.
· Establish strategic relationships with NGOs, universities, and technology companies that will catalyze and support the mission. Interact with local Government officials as required.
· Passionate, collaborative leader with proven ability to start-up and manage a business, set strategic goals and priorities, drive profitable growth, lead teams, and manage budgets.
- Strong experience in modeling business and financial projections to analyze enterprise funding proposals ; Commercial expertise to quickly assess if a proposal is worth pursuing
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation and cross-cultural communication skills
- Committed to Agco’s vision, mission and values for impact investing with positive social outcome
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work and operate in rural, underdeveloped region
· Armenian and/or Russian language fluency is desired but not required
· Working experience in CIS or Gulf Countries desirable
· Extensive travel, as required.
Educational / Work Experience:
· Bachelor of Science is preferred with a degree in Business Administration, Business agriculture, or similar discipline
· Proven track record in managing and growing a business or business unit is mandatory
· Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably in the agriculture business sector
· Impact investment experience desired
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 to $10,000.00 /month
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday