- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field, or equivalent years of experience (2 )
- 3 months of experience in technical positions or a related coursework
- 3 months of experience in networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP or a related coursework
- year of experience in Web security and compliance experience (e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DDOS prevention, PKI and PCI, HIPAA, FIPS, etc.) or a related coursework
- 3 months of experience in Identity and Access concepts and technologies to secure production and corporate access, such as: SSO, SAML Federated Identity, RBAC, authentication & authorization solution etc. or a related coursework
Cloud Support Associate – Security
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
The Security profile is focused on supporting AWS customers with respect to securing AWS resources in the cloud through services such as IAM, Organization, KMS, Shield & CloudHSM, recording AWS API calls & delivering log files through CloudTrail, providing security assessment through Inspector, managing certificates through ACM, downloading compliance reports using Artifact, dive into configuration details of a resource at any point in time using Config and provide threat detection using services like GuardDuty and Macie. Since we’re working in the Cloud, we also work very closely on networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.
Why AWS Support?
§ Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time between 8-10am and occasional weekend coverage required.
§ Follow-the-sun model with support sites located globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
§ Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, Subject Matter Expertise (SME), Team Lead, Technical Account Manager, Security Consultants and Security Engineers.
§ Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.