The courier is responsible for obtaining customer samples under the direction of the lab director, client relations in the field, and upholding the image and culture of the laboratory in all client interactions. The courier is also responsible for accurate sampling in the field, recording data as required, maintaining Chain of Custody and returning all samples to the laboratory in a timely manner.
Educational requirements: High school diploma/GED or higher.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all internal laboratory SOPs and state regulations while taking samples and driving to and from the laboratory/clients’ sampling site.
- Interact in a professional manner with customers during sample collection and submission.
- Strive to maximize driving route efficiency following lab directed routes were applicable.
- Maintain detailed records of samples and transportation data.
- Maintain sampling supply/equipment inventory as directed.
- Complete vehicle operational logs and minor maintenance as needed.
- Follow good documentation practices, data integrity principles, and safety behaviors in accordance with the lab Quality Assurance program.
- Promote a professional company image through exemplary customer relationship skills and service.
- Refer customer inquiries, routing or schedule change requests, and/or complaints to the Laboratory Director.
- Ensure proper sample submission and chain of custody protocols are followed at all times.
- Support other laboratory-based functions including sample intake/preparation, etc. if requested.
- 25 years of age or older.
- Previous long-distance driving / delivery experience is required, with 2 years preferred.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Must have a clean DMV driving record for at least the previous 5 years, and maintain clean driving record during the tenure of employment with the laboratory.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance in accordance with lab standards.
- Ability to take direction well and the ability to see all tasks through correctly.
- Skills: good communication skills, ability to use basic software applications including navigation software.
- Abilities: Follows written and verbal instructions well; works effectively within collaborative team.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent planning ability.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Sitting for long periods of time; may also be subject to bending, stooping, and lifting as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Clean Driving Record: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Nevada City, CA (Preferred)
- California driver's (Required)
- On the road
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly