- Duties SummaryResponsibilities
See below for important information regarding this job.
Please see Qualifications section for Physical Effort and Working Conditions
- Duties include stock selection, stow, location survey, physical inventory, material handling, material examining and identifying, packing, and operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE).
- Receives, unloads and processes incoming shipments. Checks accompanying documentation against container or packing labels. Follows established procedures in reporting over, short, misdirected, or damaged materials.
- Packs and/or repacks a variety of items utilizing a wide variety of standard packing materials, methods and techniques. Determines appropriate method of packing based on the type of commodity/item to be packed.
- Assembles items for shipment in the loading area according to information provided on the shipping requests and checks the condition of shipping containers prior to loading. Ensures shipments are properly loaded onto the right conveyances.
- Counts types and quantities of items during inventories, and maintains tally listings during the count. Recounts or searches other storage locations to assist in determining the basis for over, short, or misplaced items.
- Operates one or more types of material handling equipment such as standard type forklift with a lifting capacity of up to 15,000 pounds, warehouse tractor, or general-purpose vehicle.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
- Job family (Series)
6901 Miscellaneous Warehousing and Stock Handling
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
QualificationsTo qualify for a Distribution Process Worker, WG-6901-05, your qualifications must include:Per OPM's Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations, the applicant's experience, education and training must show enough knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate the potential to successfully perform the duties of the position. Under this system, how applicants gained their skill and knowledge, or the length of time they have spent in a line of work, are not as important as the fact that they have the required ability or potential to do the job.
- These positions may be filled at either Bremerton or Bangor Locations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Set Schedule
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
- Pre-Employment Physical: Required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a MHE license.
- Must be able to maintain State Drivers License.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Effort:Stands on hard surfaces for extended periods of time. Work requires bending, stooping and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions, many times all at the same time. lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds which may be bulky, stored on pallets, and some of which is stored in high-level locations (up to 40 feet). Uses weight handling equipment or receives assistance from other workers for items heavier than 40 pounds. Moderate physical effort is used in operating hand and foot controls when operating materials handling equipment.
Working Conditions:Works outside and inside in areas that are hot, damp, cold, drafty, and poorly lighted. Subject to cuts, scrapes, bruises, muscle strain, noise, abrasions, falls, and injury from falling stock.. Wears protective clothing such as steel toed shoes, respirators, safety glasses and earplugs. Mechanized roller conveyors are often present as a normal part of material routing and distribution. Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate state and government licenses. Working conditions are a normal part of the job and are considered in the evaluation of the position. OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS: The following are required for retention in the position: Must obtain and maintain appropriate license/certification to operate all materials handling equipment.EducationAdditional information
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: In order to receive this preference you must choose to apply using the "Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)" eligibility. If you are claiming military spouse preference and are determined to be among the Best Qualified for the position, you may be referred to the hiring manager as a priority applicant.
For Important General Applicant Information and Definitions go to:http://www.dla.mil/portals/104/documents/careers/GenAppInfoDef.pdf
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at a score of 85 or higher for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. Additional information may also be found at the General Information and Definitions link above.
MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Information and required documentation for claiming Military Spouse Preference may be found at the General Information and Definitions link above.
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx. As of 23 December 2016, Military retirees seeking to enter federal service in the Department of Defense now require a waiver if they would be appointed within 180 days following their official date of retirement.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The assessments for this job will measure the following Job Elements/Competencies:
- Ability to do the work of a Distribution Process Worker without more than normal supervision (Screen Out Element)
- Knowledge of Warehousing Practices
- Knowledge of Packing Practices
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Skill in Dexterity and Safety
- Best-Qualified: This highest category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position, including all selective placement factors and appropriate quality ranking factor(s), as determined by the job analysis.
- Highly-Qualified: This higher category will be used for those candidates who possess the type and quality of experience that exceed the minimum qualifications of the position, as determined by the job analysis.
- Qualified: This lowest category will be used for those candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the position and are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the position. Candidates may require extensive training and/or orientation in order to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
Veteran's Preference: If you are entitled to veteran's preference, you should indicate the type of veteran's preference you are claiming on your résumé. Your veteran's preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are entitled to veteran's preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. Qualified veterans' preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category depending on the position and grade level of the job. For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
All Veterans: You are required to submit a DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4). Veterans claiming 10 Point Preference in addition to your DD 214, you are required to submit a completed SF-15 and, supporting documents outlined on the SF-15. http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdfBackground checks and security clearanceSecurity clearance
SecretDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible.
- Applicable documents to support the eligibility(s) for which you are applying. Please review the following link for a listing of the additional documents you will need to provide: Supporting Documents.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Any vacancy posted on this site comes from Indeed and it's network through the API. If you find this job is not supposed to be on this site, please report it on Indeed.