Purpose or General Objective: To assist the agency's Human Resources Department by performing administrative and clerical tasks relevant to all functions of the department. Primary responsibility will be for benefit maintenance and processing.
- Coordination/administration of employee insurance benefits: enrollment forms, terminations and monthly invoicing.
- Will cross train and support as needed the Human Resources functions in preparation for payroll. This will include processing of new employees, status changes and terminations.
- Prepare, maintain, and file documents for Human Resources, including, but not limited to payroll activity forms and time off requests: set-up and maintain employee and WFD Participant files as needed.
- Prepare income verifications and wage information requests.
- Backup for External Mail Processing, reception area; greet public, switchboard operations, etc.
- Maintain required Human Resources databases, logs and other tracking forms on a regular basis; help prepare reports as directed.
- Assist with legal documentation and administration of COBRA, workers' compensation, unemployment claims, FLMA, MIOSHA and CARF requirements as needed.
- Perform safety functions including safety drills, Wayne Road monthly safety inspection. Monitor completion of agency-wide safety inspections, training and drills. Serve as backup for critical incident and accident tracking and reporting to workers' comp carrier as needed.
- Receives, processes and evaluates all required criminal background checks and will ask questions and approval (or not) for nonconforming backgrounds.
- Maintain Human Resources spreadsheets, as instructed.
- Cross train and conduct new hire orientations for Goodwill employees as needed.
- Assist with special Human Resources projects, as directed.
- Participate in agency meetings and training as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Timely and accurate reports and files.
- Inter-departmental cooperation and a high level of service to all agency departments.
- Maintain high levels of professional standards in performance, conduct, and appearance.
- Maintain good rapport with participants, employers, counselors, and others.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all associate, participant, and agency information.
- High school diploma or equivalent with five years of clerical and/or experience in human resources or Associate's degree with an emphasis in business management or human resources.
- Previous Payroll Processing experience desired
- Must be able to administer confidential information in a consistently professional and proper manner.
- Current experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Previous billing, Accounts Payable experience helpful
- Good organizational, computer, and clerical skills.
- Sense of urgency and cooperation.
- Provide own transportation and adequate insurance for such. Must maintain valid driver's license and driving record acceptable to Goodwill's liability carrier.
- Ability to produce highly accurate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.