Douglas Elliman is currently seeking an experienced Resident Manager for a large residential complex located in Northern Queens.
The position is offering a 2-bedroom apartment; position also offers a parking space.
This position is non-union and salary is commensurate upon experience.
This building is seeking a Resident Manager who will take responsibility for the direction of the staff, the complete operation and maintenance of the building and for providing those services to residents that are to be provided by the building staff. The Resident Manager works closely with both Douglas Elliman and the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance in common areas and building exteriors
- Maintain inspection logs for standpipe/sprinkler and all federal, state and city regulations.
- Must have knowledge of knowledge of large mechanical plants which include but not limited to boiler, oil tank, pumps, standpipe/sprinkler, exhaust fans, BMS, air handlers, fan coil HVAC units, water filtration system, PTAC units
- Carry out and oversee preventative maintenance programs throughout building.
- Supervise large staff on a daily basis on work orders.
- Coordinate building maintenance systems with contractors and supervisors.
- Respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day and rectify existing condition.
- Orients and trains employees to perform maintenance activities and tasks.
- Enforcement of the Board?s House Rules and Alteration policy
- Attendance at Maintenance meeting once a month
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Experience with Co-Gen System & PTAC units
- Prior experience in a large complex required
- Strong working knowledge of building systems and NYC local laws
- Strong verbal, written and business communication skills
- Proven organizational skills, computer literate and experience with budgeting and invoice approvals
- Strong management skills; prior experience managing a large staff
- Experience with apartment renovations and capital projects
- Experience with BuildingLink a must