The Oxenham Group is a Direct Placement and Contract Recruiting firm that connects companies and talented individuals by closely aligning missions and goals. This alignment greatly improves a client’s ability to engage and retain top-talent. When screening candidates, aptitude and skill alignment are just the beginning. Oxenham evaluates candidates and organizations through a screening process that combines scientific methods with practical experience. Successful implementation of this process historically results in aligned missions and thriving teams.
Manufacturing Manager responsibilities include:
- Oversees monitors and coordinates Production activities (e.g. Granulation, Blending, Compression, Coating) giving importance to individual members and overall team achievement for policy deployment objectives.
- Ensures team goals are aligned with and represent the company's objectives.
- Acts as a liaison between team members and other functional areas.
- Works proactively in addressing potential issues and applies real-time problem solving skills when working towards resolution.
- Ensures that the duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct and indirect reports are defined and understood.
- Develops and oversees, schedules, production requirements and headcount to determine the most cost effective and efficient methods of obtaining necessary resources while ensuring improved performance in: quality, cost, delivery, safety and morale.
- Takes an active leadership role in development and implementation of continuous process improvement tools in assigned department(s).
- Change through innovative thinking and active use and support of the process improvement tools and techniques.
- Manages the planning and designing of methods to improve or enhance existing programs and processes.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and equipment to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency and resource allocation
- Provides regular and timely reports and interpretation of results to the Production Manager.
- Develops implements and monitors policies and procedures for day-to-day operations.
- Establishes creative manufacturing solutions. Establishes / monitors standard operating procedures within manufacturing.
- Selects and recommends equipments to support parts.
- Establishes annual objectives for direct reports and reviews performance of objectives in a timely manner.
- Takes an active role in identifying training needs, challenging and developing both direct and indirect reports in their positions for future opportunities.
- Effectively conduct team meetings.
- Perform any and all additional tasks relating to the operation of the manufacturing department as requested.
- Follow company policies, cGMP’s and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Investigate issues, analyze root causes and define resolutions.
Physical Work Activities and Exposure:
- Work is regularly performed inside in a manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to dust, odor, noise, and fumes.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- If required lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and if required occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
- Walk short distances.
- The ability to effectively build and maintain relationships and motivate a highly diverse team in order to effectively negotiate and solve problems.
- Ability to investigate issues, analyze root causes and define resolutions.
- The ability to facilitate and generate the exchange of ideas to resolve problems, select and prioritize optimal solutions and implement decisions.
- The ability to organize, prioritize and deliver tasks & projects with a sense of urgency.
- The ability to maintain an attention to detail while executing multiple tasks.
- The ability to exhibit flexible thinking.
- A continuous improvement and quality mindset.
- A willingness to develop to self and others.
- Knowledge of working with Oracle/SAP.
- Working knowledge of applicable safety and standards guidelines, such as SOP, cGMP, DEA regulations and/or MSDS.
- BS e.g. Bachelor of Pharmacy
- 3-5 years of managerial experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing Management: 3 years (Required)
- solid oral dosage: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday