The purpose of the Marine Supervisor position is to supervise, lead and direct Field Service Technicians and Driver/Operators to assist in completion of assigned tasks or duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Distribute daily workload to team members
- Ensure all employees perform assigned tasks in compliance with all company, customer, and
- federally required safety policies/procedures
- Ensure all employees are complying with all Coast Guard regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
- Ensure all employees are working in the most productive and cost-effective manner to
- complete the assigned job/task in the best interest of company profitability.
- Professionally and legibly complete or direct and review completion all on sight paperwork for
- the company and customer.
- Adapt to ever changing conditions (customer requirements, time schedules, weather, etc.) to
- see that assignments are completed to customer satisfaction and in the best interest of company.
- Interact professionally and effectively with on sight customer and other vendor representatives
- Supervises and participates in the maintenance and operation of vessels
- Inspects maintenance and repair work to ensure procedures and materials comply with specifications
- Understand and operates VHF radios (demonstrate competency in USCG emergency channel procedures working, traffic and safety channels.
- Understand and demonstrate competency on navigational broadcast (Securite, Mayday, etc.)
- Understands and demonstrates competency in ATON (Aids to Navigation) (Buoys, lights, Day markers, nautical charts, special markers, information/regulatory Markers)
- Understands and demonstrates competency in navigation (When overtaking vessels, when passing vessels, towing vessels, vessel positioning, etc.)
- Understands and demonstrates competency in nautical safety devices (Personal Floatation Devices PFD’s, Signal Flares, Float Plans, Vessel safety check list, etc.)
- Understands and demonstrates competency in line handling and proper securement of vessels on shore and at sea
- Demonstrate knowledge on proper boom deployment and setup (deflection, containment, redirection, anchoring, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge and common nautical/boating terms (Bow, Stern, Draft, Port and Starboard, Forward, Aft, etc.)
- Understand and demonstrate competency in inspecting, maintaining vessel small engines, outboards, Booms and floatation devices
- Understand and demonstrates basic knowledge with MARPOL (Marine Pollution Transfers based on 33 CFR subpart A)
- Understands and demonstrates basic knowledge with Operations Manual/FRP plans
- 3-5 experience in the Environmental and/or Industrial Services industry, preferably in Marine Operations * Have a general understanding and ability to operate and maintain diesel gas engines, pumps, compressors, generators, and auxiliary equipment common to marine vessels * Document and report any accidents/injuries immediately to company safety and business officials. * Ensure equipment and company property is maintained in proper condition. * Must be able to pass a pre-employment, random, and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening * Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and working knowledge of Coast Guard guidelines. * Must have and maintain a valid TWIC Card * Must have and maintain a valid OSHA 40hr
To perform the duties of this job, the employee must have good interpersonal skills; be patient and tactful; display an enthusiastic, cooperative and friendly attitude at all times with managers/supervisors, co-workers, visitors, customers and clients. Must be able to maintain high business ethics internally and externally. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, as well as corporate staff and executive management.
The personal and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works alone and has frequent interruptions and repetitious activities. Employee must be able to work under the stress of meeting many requests from various departments and individuals, sometimes with conflicting deadlines. Handling of confidential information also applies.
To perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel the phone console and use of a PC; ability to talk and hear; reaches with hands and arms with use of a step stool; occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for movement of boxes, supplies or computers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is exposed to maintenance areas subject to OSHA which include safety precautions.
ACV Enviro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- TWIC (Preferred)
- driver's license (Preferred)
- OSHA 40 hour Hazwoper (Preferred)