*Quality Healthcare for All!*
Comprehensive Health Center (FQHC) in Northern Virginia seeks an energetic and motivated Medical Front Desk Receptionist to join our dynamic team as a Front Desk Specialist! This position is responsible for patient customer service in a medical care environment.
**Our mission is to provide excellent and affordable medical, dental and behavioral health services by being compassionate, culturally competent, and accessible to all. **
Front Desk Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Greeting patients, assisting and scheduling patient appointments. Noting time of arrival, time of scheduled visit, and reason for visit in electronic medical record.
- Verifying and updating patient demographic information at the time of the visit and advising the patient of any requirements or documents needed for the visit.
- Reviewing new patient registration forms, copying and verifying all insurance information.
- Collects patient copayments for services.
- Monitoring patient flow through the clinic—from the waiting room, to the clinical staff and completion of visit. This includes working with nursing staff regarding late arrivals, no-shows and cancellations in order to optimize provider time.
- Assisting clinical and administrative staff in evaluating patient services, such as patient satisfaction questionnaires and other evaluation tools.
- Functions as a patient advocate by being proactive in addressing patient needs and trouble shooting patient concerns. Strives to make each consumer satisfied with the clinic services.
Front Desk Specialist Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED required. Exemplary customer service skills required. Medical appointment scheduling, knowledge of medical terminology and experience with electronic medical record (EMR) required.
One year of clinical office experience required. Public health or community health experience is a plus. Must enjoy working as part of a team and have excellent customer service skills.
Due to patient population, Bilingual English/Spanish skills are required.
- A Competitive Salary DOE
- A State-of-the-Art Facility
- Comprehensive Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching
- An opportunity to work with a dedicated team of medical professionals committed to providing quality care to all of our patients.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our patients each day.
Become an integral part of serving the community! Contact us today!
Job Type: Full-time
- clinical front office: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Required)