Optometric Technician needed to work with our Optometrists in Far Rockaway/Queens NY and surrounding areas. The work is located in various nursing homes so the candidate must be willing to work at the different sites and have a way to get there-some locations are not accessible via public transportation so the ideal candidate has their own vehicle. We compensate for mileage and some of the drive time will be paid as work time.
We are looking for availability up to FT Monday though Friday but at least 3 full days per week 9must include Tuesdays. Hours are from approximately 8AM to 4PM-no half days..No weekends required.
We’re looking for pro-active, well-rounded, responsible Opticians/Optometric Technicians to join our growing team. If you’re the right one for us, you love working in a medical environment, you are interested in eye care, you pride in providing excellent service, you have a soft spot for the elderly, think of every small detail as important, and loves to meet new people and be in different places everyday.
A healthcare background is a plus, but not a must. We will train the right candidate. the hourly rate depends on past experience as an optician/tech.
Reports directly to the Optometrist and responsible for conducting pre-testing such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, pupil reflexes, visual field testing, pressure inside the eye and blood pressure; frame and lens selection, eyeglass adjustment. Use the lensometer to obtain prescriptions. Also responsible for getting the residents ready to be seen by the doctor. Helps prepare and maintain patient records and examination room area. Handling some technical duties involving equipment and eyeglass preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the examination area hour before the doctor’s arrival.
- Find out the reason for the patient’s consultation.
- Assist residents and prepare them to be seen by the doctor.
- Fill out Daily Tracker Sheet with patient name, date of birth, date seen, follow up date, medication list and diagnosis etc.
- collect medication lists and facesheets from the facilities system for all patients seen by the Dr.
- Coordinate with the Nurse Supervisor if a resident with a scheduled consultation was not seen for whatever reason.
- Respond to office questions.
- Adhere to the Nursing Homes’ policies and procedures in filling up exam forms etc
- Assist patients in fitting eyeglasses
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour